Monday, April 21, 2014

Long time, no see! Updates on our studio happenings . . .

Good intentions pave the way to . . . . procrastination?  busyness?  no time to blog?

I've neglected this portion of my studio but that does not there's happenings going on!  In fact, we have a lot going on these days!!

Over the weekend, I had an opportunity to work with the Shawnee Mission School District's Junior High School Music Competition at Westridge Junior High School in Overland Park.  What a great experience for me as an adjudicator!  What talent we have in these young artists!!

One of the reasons I became a private music teacher is to pass on the legacy of beautiful music making.  I may not be famous and do not seek for fame, I may be just me.  But passing on the gift of music, the knowledge of and ability to read music, the love of music - this is why I do this, why I teach.

I felt inspired that young beginners, teens and adults who take lessons at my studio will be extraordinary musicians with the time and practice they put into creating and learning the language of music.  They are just as talented as the crew I worked with over the weekend at Westridge!

The studio is growing and in two weeks, we will be gearing up to put on a musical showcase at Bickford of Overland Park.

I am looking forward to seeing what the summer brings!

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your musings about these posts!