Tuesday, August 27, 2013

Opportunities

Its no surprise that being in a new community and re-starting my studio bring opportunities for change and growth.

Looking back to this past month of getting settled into a new studio space and home, I am pleased with the results of our hard work.  Hours have been spent creating an online presence and brainstorming for online and offline marketing ideas.  I'm finally seeing Heart and Soul Music Studio name popping up fairly high in the great world of "Google" search engine under "piano teacher", "piano lessons", voice lessons", etc.  

Yay!

Contributions of idea sharing has been happening with KCMTA (Kansas City Music Teachers Association) and I have suddenly found myself with a job to do this year for this group!  I will be helping compile and collaborate an online monthly forum post for teachers, by teachers.  We will choose a topic a month and go from there in sharing ideas and knowledge.

Today I met with a music teacher of a local Catholic private school.  She gladly took some of my cards to share with others.  We also discussed my involvement in donating free lessons to an upcoming fundraising event.  Its been a long time since I had the wiggle room in my studio to do that.

I hope that I can be a contributor.  The secret to contribution and service is two-fold.  You always seem to get more than the giving.  The sense of helping others seems enough for me.

I love the sense of community here in Overland Park.  I'm glad we made this move.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

I would love to hear your musings about these posts!